Quinolone is a major class of antibacterial drug. Quinolones or fluoroquinolones are synthetic antibacterial drugs that show a specific function of inhibiting the nucleic acid synthesis. Depending on their bactericidal properties, quinolones are efficient against bacterial infections of the sinuses, lungs, skin, stomach, and urinary tract. These drugs can interfere with the human DNA synthesis, as humans have the same basic nucleic acid constituents as those of the bacteria. Quinolones exhibit rapid bactericidal activity, wherein they easily infiltrate the bacterial cell membrane and reach the DNA where they bind to bacterial topoisomerases such as DNA gyrase, thus inhibiting the bacterial nucleic acid synthesis. The most extensively used quinolones are norfloxacin and ciprofloxacin Other crucial quinolones include ofloxacin, enoxacin, lomefloxacin, levofloxacin, trovafloxacin, and gatifloxacin.
GET SAMPLE REPORT
Market segment by Type
Market segment by Sales Channel
COVID-19 Impact analysis
The COVID-19 virus outbreak in December 2019, the World Health Organization announced it a public health emergency. The disease has spread to over 100 countries and affected huge losses of lives around the globe.
Particularly the global manufacturing, pharmaceutical, tourism, and financial markets have been hit hard. The outbreak of the pandemic has added risk factors to the already weak growth of the world economy. The descending pressure on the world economy that once showed signs of improvement in the previous period has improved again.
The negative global impacts of the COVID-19 are already there, substantially affecting the quinolone market in the coming years, and this factor is expected to have a significantly negative impact on the revenue growth of this industry.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rise in cases of prevalence rate of infectious diseases worldwide as well as the incidence of indoor & outdoor infections are boosting the market growth.
- Improvements in nutrition, immunization, antibiotics, and overall healthcare medications are accelerating the market growth.
- Moreover, as the demand of novel therapies has increased considerably, it notably contributed toward the global market growth.
- However, effective treatments are either not properly available or they are expensive for most of the people, which restrain the market growth.
- In addition, the introduction of generic drugs and patent expiry from various companies is expected to restrain the growth of the market.
- Unavailability of trained personnel and strict safety regulations are further hindering the market growth.
- Conversely, surge in adoption of diverse strategies by key players to stay competitive in the market is expected to offer remunerative opportunities for market expansion in the near future.
New product launches to flourish the market
In January 2018, Melinta Therapeutics, Inc. introduced Baxdela (delafloxacin), which is an oral fluoroquinolone used to treat adult patients with acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSSSI) caused by susceptible bacteria. The launch of Baxdela offers new treatment option and company’s growth in the infection therapeutics area.
In September 2019, KYORIN Holdings, Inc. acknowledged an approval from the Japan’s Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare for the drug Lasvic (lascufloxacin hydrochloride), which is a novel quinolone antibacterial drug specified as a first-line monotherapy to treat community-acquired respiratory and ENT infections. The approval of Lasvic is important milestone for the company to address the growing threat of antimicrobial resistance and provide effective treatment options for patients.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the quinolones industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the quinolones market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Quinolones Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the quinolones market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is “quinolones”?
- What is “quinolones” market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the “quinolones” Market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the “quinolones” market report?